- is the buying and selling of goods and services over the internet
- ecommerce refers only to online transactions.
- derived from the term ecommerce,is the conducting of business on the internet,not only buying and selling,but also serving customers and collaborating with business partners.
Difference between ecommerce and ebusiness
- to exchanges of information
- to enhance productivity
- maximize convinence
- improve communications globally
Business to Business(B2B)
- applies to business buying from and selling to each other over the internet.
- online access to data,shipping date,delivery date and shipping status,provided either by the seller or third-party provider,is widely supported by B2B models.
- electronic marketplaces,or emarketplaces,are interactive business communities providing a central market space where multiple buyers and sellers can engage in business activities.
Business to Consumer (B2C)
- applies to any business that sells its products or services to consumers over the Internet.
- eshop.sometimes referred to as an estore or etailer,is a version of a retail store where customers can shop at any hour of the day without leaving their home or office.
- these online stores sell and support a variety of products and services.
- the online business channeling their goods and services via the internet only
- emall consists of a number of eshops it serves as a gateway through which a visitor can access other eshops.
Consumer to Business(C2B)
- applies to any consumer that sells a product or service to a business over the internet.
- the demand for C2B e business will increase over the next few due to customers' desires for greater convenience and lower prices.
Consumer to Consumer(C2C)
- applies to sites primarily offering goods and services to assist consumer interacting with each other the internet.
- the internet's most successful C2C online auction website,e bay,links like-minded buyers and sellers for a small commission.
14.8:E- business Benefits
- web mashups is a website or web application that uses content from more than one source to create a completely new service.
- API(application programming interface),which is a set of routines,protocols,and tools for building software applications.